The Accounts Payable Associate will review invoices, purchase orders and statements to verify amounts owed. This position prepares and processes payments for vendor invoices, maintains, and reconciles accounts payable ledger as well as assist with other financial obligations in accordance with internal accounting policies.
· Enter invoices into accounting system, run AP aging reports.
· Facilitates payment of vendors (ACHS, wire transfers, online payments), which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
· Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
· Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions.
· Records entry of, verifies documentation for, and distributes petty cash.
· Set up new vendors and maintain financial information, verifying any vendor bank changes.
· Respond to client/vendor inquiries in a timely manner.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
· High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
· 2+ years progressive accounting experience in public accounting or similar environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
· Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.88 – $25.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
Health savings account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Los Angeles, CA 90045: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Los Angeles, CA 90045
NEED Financial Services is a small business in Los Angeles, CA. We are supportive, collaborative, client-centric and our goal is to take the worry out of the day-to-day back office activities for clients to focus their energy and attention on the creative aspects of their business.
Our work environment includes:
Regular social events
Casual work attire
Modern office setting
Safe work environment
If interested please submit your resume to email@example.com