Immediate Opportunity– Budget Accountant/Estimator
Max Pay $55/hour; 40 Hrs a week
We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking Budget Accountant/Estimator for a prominent client of ours.
This position is located in Universal City, CA
Looking for someone that has experience doing budgets for film and scripted television
• 5+ years experience in production accounting or 5+ years experience in Estimating of scripted TV/film production including Union & Guild payroll.
• Strong knowledge of Math
• Capable of providing budget supports to multiple business groups
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, mathematics or finance field required
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Expert knowledge of Movie Magic budgeting and MS Excel.
• Create, revise and maintain preliminary production budgets for scripted projects
• Estimate production incentives (credits, sell/transfers, rebates, grants, etc) when applicable.
• Create and revise charts and comparisons of current and past budgets and cost activities.
• Create and maintain generic budgets reflecting recent production activity, including staffing, industry practice and applicable guild and union rates/terms.
• Estimate and confirm status with Labor Relations of union and guild agreements and how each applies to possible productions in each production location. Maintain and update generic budgets on a weekly/monthly basis.
• Engage and confirm information with Production, Post Production, Business Affairs & Finance executives regarding recent activity, practice and preferences applicable to generic budgets.
• Engage and confirm with payroll services (Entertainment Partners, US and Canada; Central Casting) industry practice on contested positions and agreement terms.
• Estimate series payroll taxes & IATSE fringe costs; these costs must be calculated outside of budgeting application currently and represent a significant unknown potential savings if not comprehensively detailed.
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please send an email with a copy of your resume to Robert@thefountaingroup.com in word form with the best contact info or contact me at 813.356.0034