**Experience as a Post Production Accountant is a big plus / highly preferred.
Position: Budget & Administration Manager
Department: Post Delivery, Planning & Operations (works very closely with Post Production team)
Reporting to: Vice President, Post Delivery
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Budget & Administration Manager plays an integral role supporting the financial operations of the PDPO Department. This LA-based position reports to the West Coast VP of Post Delivery & Archives and works very closely with our Post Production group.
• Responsibilities include: Managing the forecasting and analysis of the PDPO spend for our key operational budget and department budget. This includes projecting costs, proactively anticipating changes and predicting its impact on the total operations/production budgets. Reconcile GL actuals to planned spending. Handle the invoice processing workflow for the West Coast staff. Budget Manager will partner with Finance on all accounting matters, such as preparing ad hoc analysis, processing journal entries, managing the year end accrual process, and setting up effective procedures. Identify inefficiencies and areas of improvement within current departmental processes and discuss possible changes and recommendations with the Post Delivery VP’s (on both coasts), and Finance. Oversee and prepare monthly spend tracking reports with department staff and review for the Post Delivery VP, West Coast, highlighting key cost drivers and variances to budget.
• BA in Business, Accounting or a related field and a minimum of 4 years’ work experience in an administrative accounting capacity with prior experience in Film and Television post production accounting.
• Self-motivated individual who is willing to work collaboratively, and has the ability to thrive in a results-oriented environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize and adhere to strict deadlines.
• Proficient in Excel and knowledge of File Maker Pro and FINesse Oracle systems a plus.
Interested candidates can submit their resume directly to Tony.Abdelmalak@hbo.com with subject line: Production Finance Accountant.