updated listing posted 2/22/24
TMZ is seeking an Assistant Accountant (Accounts Payable) to join our Accounting Team. This role will be responsible for various accounting and clerical tasks related to the maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions for multiple shows and websites. The ideal candidate is a versatile and highly detailed self-starter with experience in high-pressure, fast-paced media environments. This person must be extremely organized, process-oriented, and able to coordinate across multiple departments. The position will report to the Lead Accountant and is based out of Playa Vista, CA.
Submit all check requests, invoices, petty cash and expense reports for approval via Adobe Sign/ WorkDay
Review and code all check requests, invoices, petty cash and expense reports for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
Enter POs into the accounting software ensuring careful accuracy and precision
Process check runs in a timely and efficient manner ensuring all vendor information on the check is correct
Match and reconcile all printed checks to paid invoices, petty cash and expense reports
New vendor set up
File and maintain all vendor files
Research any discrepancies and follow up on adjustments
Provide administrative, clerical, and project support to the accounting department
Additional duties as assigned
College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
1 – 2 years of accounts payable experience
General knowledge of accounting procedures
Entertainment experience preferred
Highly organized and strong attention to detail and accuracy
Proficient in data entry and management
Solid communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management
Experience with production accounting software PSL a plus
Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Abobe Sign
TMZ is a workplace that requires the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. Requested accommodations/exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis in accordance with law.
TMZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
“Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $20.00- $22.50 per hour. This position is regularly scheduled for a 50-hour work week but scheduled overtime hours are not guaranteed”.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
This position has been filled.
Network seeks experienced in-house Post-Production Accountant. Must be able to manage multiple
productions throughout various stages of the post-production process. Duties include, but are not
- Weekly Payroll
- Accounts Payable Processing
- Deposits / Accounts Receivables /Billbacks
- Pcard Processing and Reconciliation
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Assisting with audits & Incentives
- Assist team with research and other ad hoc requests
This role will be the point person for each assigned post-production show. Candidate must take
initiative, be a team player, well organized, and detail oriented. This is a union qualified position.
Experience using the following is a plus:
- SmartStart & SmartTime
- Start+ & Studio+
- Cashpro Bank of America
- Digital workflow & filing
Job Location: Santa Monica
Full Charge Bookkeeper – in office position Burbank, CA
Faith based post production company seeking Full Charge bookkeeper/Office administrator. Responsibilities include but not limited to Payroll, Human Resources, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables including invoicing customers and collection calls, Cash flow management, Bank reconciliations, Fixed asset Management, Journal entries and Property Management of one building. Required experience with QuickBooks, Excel and Bachelors degree in accounting preferred and/or 5 years experience. Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay range $25-$35/hour depending on experience.
Leading international Film & TV Completion Guarantee provider Media Guarantors is looking for
a full-time Production Accounting and Finance Operations Manager, to be based in the firm’s Los
Candidates should be highly motivated self-starters who see this position to gain increased visibility with senior management and external clients and expand their standing within the global film finance and production market.
A valued resource to internal team members and external partners and clients, the Production Accounting and Finance Operations Manager will be expected to assist in production and financial
reporting, tracking, and monitoring of production cost reports, and an assortment of operational financing tasks. The candidate must possess exemplary written and verbal communication skills
and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Media Guarantors leadership team including the Media Guarantors CEO Fred Milstein and will report directly to the Media Guarantors Head of
Production, Scott Nicolaides.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include the following:
● Assist with review of production cost reports across a broad spectrum of productions at one time.
● Review and process wire transfers in an extremely timely and accurate manner.
● Oversee production fund disbursements and escrow accounts.
● Review various production and accounting reports and ensure projects remain as per schedule and budget.
● Coordinate reporting and updates sent to various external parties including distributors, financiers, and producers.
Background Required Skills:
● 7-10 years’ experience in the production accounting industry, with experience in feature films preferred.
● Strong familiarity with cost reports, hot costs, and production accounting and budgeting.
● Proficient in Movie Magic software and other industry standard accounting systems.
● Fluent in Excel and Microsoft Word.
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interface effectively with senior management and senior client-facing individuals.
● Highly productive and efficient, with an ability to multitask.
● Excellent attention to detail.
● Possesses a “can-do” approach to a wide variety of responsibilities.
Compensation and Benefits:
● Competitive compensation package ($90K- $130K, DOE)
● Competitive benefits
● Inclusive, entrepreneurial environment
If interested, please send resume and brief cover note to email@example.com.
Eved is looking for an experienced Production Accountant looking to put their skills and experience to use to help other film & TV production accountants go digital. Alternatively, if you’ve sold or managed accounts in the film & tv production space for other software, payroll or payment solutions – this job is for you.
The M&E Account Manager will be responsible for acquiring and managing customers in the film and TV production space. This person will use their knowledge of the industry and passion for innovation to help customers evaluate how Eved can help transform their business. The M&E Account Manager will work closely with our Implementation and Customer Success teams to onboard clients and ensure their success. Clients come first at Eved and the Media & Entertainment Account Manager is responsible for ensuring our clients feel heard and supported. Success in this role depends upon strategic thinking, creativity, and a passion for helping customers solve their biggest business challenges by going digital.
• Create a target list of potential customers and work though network or use tools available to find the appropriate contacts within each account.
• Grow a new base of customers in the Media & Entertainment space.
• Set intro and discovery meetings with potential clients.
• Work with Eved’s consultants to ensure proper market coverage.
• Demonstrate Eved’s value to potential clients by understanding client’s goals, determining actions for how Eved can support those goals.
• Demo Eved’s software and payment solutions to prospective clients.
• Liaise between client and legal on proof of concept and master service agreements.
• Work with Customer Success to communicate and monitor client KPIs and deliverables once they become customers.
• Work with client and Customer Success to optimize supplier strategy.
• Facilitate regular meetings and communication with client champions.
• Work with Customer Success team to maintain and grow Media and Entertainment clients.
• 5+ years of experience in sales and/or production accounting
• Ability to maintain professional demeanor while facilitating effective meetings with high-level internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to navigate tough conversations and become trusted advisor to our clients.
• Ability to analyze data to identify trends, build business cases, and drive actions.
• Ability to think strategically. Proactively anticipate issues and needs of the customer; Balance customer needs with business needs and provide the best possible solution to our customers.
• Ability to quickly learn and understand new software; Comfortable providing software demo’s for external clients.
• Location within the greater Los Angeles area is preferred.
• 4 year college degree
Annual salary range is $80K-$100K, commensurate with experience. Eved offers top notch benefits including medical, dental, 401k, unlimited PTO and many more! To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send resume and cover letter to Amber Ciotti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Launched in 2010, Eved is a global AP and Payments Platform for Events, Media and Entertainment. An easy-to-use interface coupled with supplier onboarding, invoice processing, global payments, and a reporting engine, makes getting suppliers paid easy and secure. Eved provides efficiency, security, and visibility enabling the business to be more flexible and efficient, while meeting the needs of the most robust companies in the world. Eved takes companies from manual to digital and fosters improvements that Procurement, Finance, and Business Stakeholders can all get behind.