Director, Production Finance in Burbank, CA
• Managing a staff of 4-5 employees
• Responsible for working with the department Vice President in implementing department procedures and workflows
• Responsible for the fiscal management and administration of both internal and external facets of development and production for original, licensed, and acquired network programming.
• Coordinate and manage pre-production finance and accounting inclusive of budget review, corporation set up, greenlight approvals, pre-buy of foreign currency, payroll/accounting systems set up, and production cash flow.
• Review and analyze all weekly production finance deliverables including: ledger bibles, cost reports, balance sheets, check registers, and purchase orders, to ensure accuracy and strict policy adherence.
• Closely monitor the production progress to ensure swift financial issue resolution.
• Provide financial support to Production Executives.
• Ensure adherence to all production accounting policies and procedures.
• Responsible for selecting and engaging freelance production accountants.
• Manage tax incentive process, including but not limited to applications, audits, qualified expense tracking, etc.
• Ensure production advances and studio paid costs are properly recorded in the production general ledger.
• Manage and review post production accounting functions with contracted firms.
• Provide guidance with accounting database systems and administration.
• Plan and perform ad hoc projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in television or feature film production accounting is required.
• In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
• Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements.
• Passionate about television programming with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure.
• Terrific outgoing interpersonal skills with the ability to conduct internal and external meetings
• Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a corporate environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, PSL3, Movie Magic, and Vista/GV.
• Strong written skills.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org