Freelance Post Production Accountant (Santa Monica)
Freelance Post Production Accountant position available at Viacom Media Networks to work on MTV shows. The work will include some prep accounting before the show accountants start, as well as post and wrap accounting after the show accountants are finished.
We would like someone to start immediately to have a few weeks overlap with our current Post Production Accountant. The VMN offices are currently located in Santa Monica but will be moving to Hollywood later this year.
• Process prep, post, and wrap union and non-union payroll including ATL contractual payments
• Prepare writer payment schedules as needed
• Review budgets for accuracy
• Accounts payable processing
• Prepare cost reports during post production, and final cost reports
• Journal entries recording costs paid by VMN corporate in production accounting software (SAP)
• Wrap shows: reach out to vendors with open PO’s, review vendor statements,
discuss with in-house Production Executives, Show Producers and crew as needed
• Trial Balance clean-up as necessary: Reconcile Petty Cash and P-Card entries; pay our accrued vacation & holiday pay etc.
• Misc. ad-hoc projects as needed
• Maintain accounting files
• Working knowledge of PSL required
• SAP experience helpful
• Working knowledge of Excel
• Production show experience required
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task a must
• Excellent communication skills with a team-player attitude
Email for submissions: Prodacctjob1@yahoo.com