NYC television production company seeks a Key Production Accountant to handle all aspects of finance including managing the GL, A/P, A/R, cash management, cost reports, cash flows, payroll, financial reports, bank reconciliation and tax reporting on multiple shows. Strong knowledge of Vista, Movie Magic and Excel required. Experience with corporate general ledgers is a plus. Must possess a thorough working knowledge of television production, strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills, and must be able to prioritize jobs effectively within a fast-paced environment.
The applicant should have a minimum of five years’ experience as a key production accountant. A degree in accountancy or vocational qualifications in accounting would be a plus. A more detailed job description can be supplied upon request.
Key Production Accountant- Responsibilities
• Review Budgets and prepare cost reports and Cash flows.
• Set-up new shows with payroll company
• Process payroll
• Track and prepare above the line payments
• Monitor and report on all show margins and company P+L. Provide analysis.
• Analyze, manage, and report on cash flows from accounts receivable and accounts payable.
• Manage the preparation of financial forecasts and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
• Work with the NY COO to maintain appropriate financial and operational controls.
• HR duties- code and track all employee benefits, ensure that the company policy and procedures are provided and explained to all employees
• Possess knowledge of visas and immigration
• Maintain records of invoices and creditors’ payments.
• Keep records of all transactions
• Responsible for accounts payable, invoices, purchase orders, and petty cash.
• Process checks & wire transfers
• Maintain filing
• Audit petty cash envelopes.
• Prepare insurance claims.
• Responsible for bank and credit card reconciliations
• Prepare month-end and year end reports for corporate finance headquarters
• Administer tax compliance filing including 1099’s
• Maintain accounting procedures and controls
• Working knowledge of production accounting software, and/or other general accounting software.
• Highly organized, and must be able to work positively and constructively within a fast pace environment
• Ability to manage multiple productions
• Must be able to maintain effective working relationships, have good communication and situation management skills
• Strong IT skills for data entry and ability to adapt to new software packages
• Strong knowledge of Vista and Movie Magic
• Some experience with corporate general ledgers (ex. Navision, SAGE, SAP)
• Proficient in Excel
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org