Staffing Agency is looking for a temporary Production Payroll Accountant for our client. This position is an in-office position. All applicants should be local to Los Angeles. The term of the position is open and could convert to a full-time direct hire role for the right individual.
Responsibilities and Duties include but not limited to:
- Confirm and report worked hours of all talent for weekly payroll processing using the company’s third-party payroll company
- Review hours worked and rates to make sure of adherence to minimum guarantees
- Work closely with the company teams to make sure all information required for payroll is accurate and current
- Work HR Department to get any needed employee paperwork
- Interact with the third-party payroll company, Finance Department and HR department to ensure payments are processed timely and accurately
- Ensure problems and issues are investigated, and resolved in a timely manner
- Assist the team with year-end third-party payroll document preparation
- Provide recommendations for improvements of processed and systems
- Other duties and special projects as needed
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 2+ years production accounting experience
- Experience processing payroll for film or television productions required
- Experience working with payroll software
- Knowledge of SAG/AFTRA rules and contracts preferred
- Ability effectively work closely and build solid business relationships with coworkers, freelancers, and third parties
- Ability to and multitask, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to function in a high-volume department
- Superior computer skills MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe, QuickBooks, Google Sheets
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work both independently and as a team with coworkers
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Proactive: able to effectively plan and anticipate needs
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to work Overtime as needed
Salary: Up to $30.00/hour DOE as a temp
Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently looking to fill the position of a studio staff accountant for a major television studio in Burbank.
An experienced 2nd Assistant Accountant or greater
PSL/Smart Accounting knowledge required
Start+, Hours+, SmartStart, SmartTime experience preferred
Cashet PCards and CashetPay experience preferred
Proficiency in Excel
Understanding of payroll
Understanding of SAP a plus
Must be able to multitask
Must be able to work independently
Entering journal entries
Auditing PCard/PC envelopes
Wrap and prep payroll processing
Researching A/P, deposits
Reconciling bank statements
Monthly reconciliations to accounting systems
Wrap cost reporting
Trial Balance review and clean up
Setting up projects (bank accounts, databases, Cashet)
Support accounting teams during prep, shoot, and wrap.
Salary Range $1500-$2200 DOE.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Popular TV series looking for Accounting Team to start in November. 13 episodes. Production Office on lot in Burbank, CA. Positions are in office (not remote). Need 1st Assistants, 2nd Assistants, Payroll Accountant, Payroll Assistants, and Scanning Clerks. Fully digital show, Cashet Pay, Cashet PCards.
Note from Emily: Salary Range has been requested.
Please send resumes and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strong A/P Key 2nd Asst Acct Position in Atlanta, Ga
Seeking Resumes for an A/P Key 2nd Asst Acct Position for a TV Series filming in Atlanta, Ga.
Scripted, Episodic Television experience is a Plus. Candidates must be able to hit the ground running: position for immediate placement. Position may continue into spring 2024. We are seeking Atlanta locals, but will consider all qualified candidates. The 2nd Position will not be remote. We are looking for someone with a good attitude and work ethic.
Please send resumes with references to:
Payroll Team, 1 Hour Series (NYC)
Payroll team needed for large 1 hour series. 8 episodes. Production office in Queens, NY. Positions are in-person, or hybrid (not fully remote). Payroll Company is EP. Job is 161, although alternative options available if membership is a concern. Range for Lead PR Acct is $3208-3600, depending on experience. Start date is mid-November, shoots February – June.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Need an AP/Digital Clerk to start middle of November and wrap sometime in May. This is generally a entry level position and any experience would be a plus. Solid excel, and digital processing knowledge is a plus.
Please send resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org