Freelance Post Production Accountant position available. The network is seeking an experienced Production Accountant who assist with prep, post and wrap accounting. Location is Los Angeles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist with the start-up of a project until lead production accountant is on
• Process payroll for union and non-union
• Create above-the-line payment schedules
• Prepare cost reports during post production until final reports
• Assist with budgeting by reviewing for accuracy
• Process accounts payable and final payments for third party production companies
• Reconcile Vista/PSL to corporate accounting system (SAP) by creating entries to record corporate chargebacks
• Clean up Trial Balances in Vista/PSL by closing our petty cash and pcard accounts
• Generate bank reconciliations
• Manage accounting files
• Assist with special projects and reports
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of union and talent agreements as well as union rule (DGA/IATSE/SAG/AFTRA/Teamsters/WGA)
• Exhibits a willingness to be adaptable as well as flexible and demonstrate a desire to operate in a dynamic demanding environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Sound judgment, business acumen, influencing skills and the experience, confidence and stature to effectively address issues
• Effective at partnering with network, production company, staff and crew in order to obtain key information to manage the financial activities for the show
• Conflict resolution skills and abilities are a must
• Possess strong analytical skills necessary to identify issues and recommend solutions
• Possess organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
• Working knowledge or advanced proficiency in Global Vista & PSL, Movie Magic Budgeting and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• SAP experience helpful
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org.