JOB LISTING: The Production Accountant is responsible for general and specialized cost and resource analysis for special projects and technology development within the Advanced Development Group (ADG). The Production Accountant works closely with the Director of Production, Studio finance, and other production staff, and must possess a strong understanding of the accounting principles in one or more of the following areas: Visual Effects, Film, Games, Interactive Media, and/or Technology Development .
• Partners with Director of Production to manage Budgets and Cost.
• Supports Production and corporate finance in financial planning including headcount resource and material budgeting.
• Partners with Production Management in project bidding, including bid template creation and maintenance.
• Provides cost analytics as needed.
• Collaborates with studio partners, domestically and potentially globally in cross over projects.
• Works with production management on payroll review and expense report handling.
• Maintains Chart of Accounts, SAP project set up, and Project Accounting tools.
• Reviews and codes production specific purchase orders and invoices.
• Runs and reviews weekly detail reports for accuracy and makes reclassification as required.
• Works with discretion as to details on assignments of a varied nature.
• Provides technical opinion on accounting matters to production management
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years accounting and/or training of related finance experience in the Entertainment Industry (Visual Effects, Film, Games, and/or Interactive Media) are required. Five years is preferred.
• Expert proficiency in Excel. Experience with production accounting tools and accounting systems such as SAP or Oracle a plus.
• Experience using IBM Cognos TM1 a plus.
• Business partnering approach. Open and direct communication style, good listening skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly motivated, seasoned and self-assured.
• Must be flexible, adaptable to working in creatively driven environment. Handles challenging issues with diplomacy. Able to facilitate cross-functional problem-solving.
• An energetic, resourceful, and hands-on individual with a strong service orientation. Ability to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines. Focused on continuing improvements to the organization in striving for excellence.
• Must be able to track separate parallel projects under one umbrella.
Link for more information: