International Film & TV Completion Guarantee provider Media Guarantors is looking for a full-time Production Accounting and Finance Operations Assistant, based in the firm’s Los Angeles headquarters. Candidates should be highly motivated self-starters who see this position as a way to gain increased visibility with senior management and external clients and expand their standing within the global film finance and production market.
A valued resource to internal team members and external partners and clients, the Production Accounting and Finance Operations Assistant will be expected to assist in production and financial reporting, tracking and monitoring of production cost reports, and an assortment of financing operational tasks. The candidate must possess exemplary written and verbal communication skills and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Media Guarantors leadership team including and the Media Guarantors CEO (Fred Milstein) and Head of Production (Scott Nicolaides) and will report directly to the Media Guarantors Head of Production, Scott Nicolaides.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include the following:
● Assist with review of production cost reports.
● Review and process wire transfers in a timely and accurate manner.
● Oversee production fund disbursements and escrow accounts.
● Examine scripts, schedules, and budgets. Issue comments and recommendations to the Head of Production.
● Review various production and accounting reports and ensure projects remain as per schedule and budget.
● Coordinate reporting and updates sent to various external parties including distributors, financiers, and producers
● 3 or more years experience in the production accounting industry
● Familiarity with cost reports, hot costs and production accounting and budgeting
● Fluent in Excel and Microsoft Word
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interface effectively with senior management and senior client-facing individuals
● Highly productive and efficient, with an ability to multitask
● Excellent attention to detail
● Possesses a “can-do” approach to a wide variety of responsibilities
Compensation & Benefits:
● Competitive base + bonus (90k-120k DOE)
● Competitive benefits
● Inclusive, entrepreneurial environment
Resumes can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org