Production Finance Analyst (Century City)
Sonar Entertainment, Inc. is a television production and distribution company that creates high quality television series, movies, and miniseries for audiences all over the world. The business culture is vibrant, creative, and forward-looking. We value excellence, honesty, collaboration and growth. Sonar is currently looking for a temporary Production Finance Analyst to join its dynamic team in Los Angeles.
This position services Sonar development and original productions. This position will work closely with the Director of Production Finance to assist in processing project/contractual payments, production accounting system set-up, production funding, payroll guild compliance, and bill back of studio costs. The position requires a self-directed and motivated individual that can interact well with others including upper management. Ability to work and adapt in an environment in which production finance support needs will change over time within a growing production slate.
– Provide high level support to the Director of Production Finance in functions of cash management and audits.
– Assist in production set up
– Manage cash disbursements. Process all wire transfers and payments related to all projects that are acquired, in development and production which includes (but not limited to):
o Review and validate contractual payment(s)
o Obtain proper approvals
o Coordinate necessary paperwork according to payment or payroll: W-9, Payroll start forms, W-8(E) BEN, payroll time cards
– Track wire transfers and payments in project trackers.
– Coordinate and process talent payments with payroll company paymaster (must be knowledgeable of union payroll rules for caps and rates)
– Invoice studio partners or productions for studio cost bill-backs such as reimbursement of development costs, production breakages, tax credit qualification
– Reconcile production trial balance to corporate general ledger
– Review cost reports, trial balance and track consolidated findings
– Attend to payment inquiries by internal and external clients
– Partner with the Finance group to implement best practices and efficiencies.
– Provide production finance support functions such as bank and studio cost reconciliations
– Assist in authoring production finance department manual of policies and procedures
– Prepare ad-hoc analysis as needed
– Enforce efficient work flows and proper financial controls
– Evaluate and implement efficiencies and best practices to improve operations and process of the department
– Ideal candidate has: 5+ years TV series experience as 1st Assistant Accountant or in Production Finance at major studio or production company.
– Experience in processing union payroll and knowledge in guild rules: WGA, DGA, SAG/AFTRA
– Scripted television budgeting skills and extensive knowledge of Movie Magic Budgeting software.
– Strong contract interpretation skills.
– Experience in entertainment guild and participant audits, including license fees, cast breakage, labor escalations, and unscripted projects a plus.
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred, but any 4 year degree can be considered.
– Knowledge/experience with entertainment accounting software such as Vista and PSL. Other software skills: Excel, Word, MS Outlook
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Sonar Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org